Staff Directory |
After 10 years in the teaching profession, I am happy to return to OKCS (where I graduated in 2001).
I enjoy hiking, reading and playing games; and my favourite people to do this with are my two daughters. They are 5 and 7, growing up way too fast so I am savouring every moment!
I'm excited to help all students at OKCS know and believe that they have infinite worth as children of The King and will have lots of opportunities to speak this truth to my grade 6 class this year.
Here is a list of books that have heavily influenced by teaching/parenting practice:
- "Hold on to Your Kids: Why parents need to matter more than peers" by Gordon Neufled & Gabor Mate
- "The Essential 55: An award-winning educator's rules for discovering the successful student in every child" by Ron Clark
- "The 5 Love Languages of Children" by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell
- "When Children Grieve: For adults to help children deal with death, divorce, pet loss, moving and other losses" by John W. James
- "Last Child in the Woods: Saving our children from nature-deficit disorder" by Richard Louv