PURPOSE: The purpose of Olds Koinonia Christian School is to assist the Christian family, in co-operation with the local church, in training their children intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually toward maturity and responsible independence.
The dimension of spiritual training includes the whole area of Christian discipleship - teaching and training young people to be enthusiastic followers of Jesus Christ. A student must exhibit in word and deed a desire to be discipled as requisite for continued enrollment. Our goal is to equip young people with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills which will enable them to become mature, productive members of society and effective witnesses for the Lord.
Therefore, we ask students in grades seven to twelve to determine whether or not their goals match those of the school before enrolling each year.
Please read the following statements and sign below if they accurately reflect your desires and intentions.
- I INTEND to make Jesus Christ Lord of every area of my life.
- I ACCEPT the Bible as my standard for judging right from wrong.
- I DESIRE to attend OKCS and to be trained as a disciple of Jesus Christ. I understand that attending OKCS is a privilege and not a right.
- I intend to treat all students, teachers, and parents with kindness and respect.
- I INTEND to abide by the school's rules and accept the consequences without complaint should I fail.
- I intend to approach every subject and every assignment with a positive attitude and to complete my assignments to the best of my ability.
- I INTEND to set a Godly example by my lifestyle choices, both on and off campus. (i.e. Church & youth group attendance, dress, videos, movies, T.V., music, books, speech, dating, etc.)
- I WILL abstain from the use of tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs and from sexual activity. I will not attend parties where any of the previous substances or activities listed are present. I will not attend school dances, bars or clubs.
- I INTEND to choose attitudes that will cause others to see Christ in me. (Phil. 2:5) I understand that my attitude is crucial to the quality of the atmosphere at OKCS.